This post provides price ranges for many of the items associated with a traditional funeral service. Reviewing these considerations will help you identify the type of funeral service most appropriate for your budget.
A traditional funeral service can cost nearly $10,000
While the average funeral costs nearly $7,500, many traditional funerals cost in excess of $10,000. Here are the main components typically associated with a traditional funeral:
- casket: $2,300
- funeral director’s basic services fee: $1,400
- embalming and body preparation: $600
- viewing / visitation ceremony: $400
- funeral ceremony: $450
- transportation (pick up body, limousine, and hearse): $625
- miscellaneous (certificates, permits, music, clergy, obituary, register book, service folders, obituary, flowers): $500
- grave site $1,000
- fee to dig grave site $500
- headstone $1,500
The above costs represent national averages for many of the costs associated with a traditional funeral service. Your actual costs could be higher (or lower) based upon geographic location, the funeral home you select, and the actual items you purchase.
If you would like to save money the next time you need to make funeral arrangements, you can search and compare local funeral home pricing at Parting.com.
See what a funeral costs in these popular cities:
Atlanta | Austin | Boston | Chicago | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Honolulu | Houston | Los Angeles | Miami | Minneapolis | New York | Philadelphia | Portland | Sacramento | San Diego | San Francisco | San Jose | Seattle | Washington, DC